Forums » Behavior

Fear of Veterinary Office

• 2 posts
    October 6, 2015 12:06 PM EDT

I loved the webinar last week, but somehow forgot to download the PDF, with all the links, is there somewhere I can get that now? 

• 406 posts
    October 6, 2015 12:17 PM EDT

If you did not download the document, you should see it available to you on the event page. Login on the event page and look for the PDF icon - click on the hyperlinked text and it will download to your computer. Contact me if you are unable to access the handout.

• 2 posts
    October 6, 2015 12:19 PM EDT

Thank you very much, found it, and have downloaded it.

• October 6, 2015 1:58 PM EDT

I'm so glad you liked the webinar, Kim.  I hope you'll keep joining us!  :)  Dr C 

• March 30, 2016 7:49 PM EDT

Hi all! I had the opportunity to listen to the Fear in the Veterinary office webinar recently-it was great, thanks for the information. I got the impression at the end of the recording that there were to be videos, or links to such put somewhere for us to access. Did I understand that correctly? If so, could someone point me in a direction to access them?

Thanks so much,

Linda Bloomfield, DVM

• 406 posts
  • November 28, 2017 12:43 PM EST

Owner’s perception of stress in their pet is a primary reason for avoiding veterinary care. Strategies to reduce stress and ease handling of fearful pets during veterinary visits have included behavioral conditioning, low stress handling, and anxiolytic medications. In this VetVine Specialty Update we'll be discussing the findings of a clinical trial that examined the effects of gabapentin in reducing signs of stress in pets during transportation to the veterinary visit and examination. Discussion includes the recommended dosage as well as potential adverse effects and considerations in administering this medication.
    Learn More