Forums » Tech Trends

What’s New on Your Facebook Timeline – Part 2

• 30 posts
    March 18, 2012 6:23 PM EDT

In my previous post I mentioned Friend Activity, Messages, and Photo Repositioning as notable features of Facebook Timeline. In this post I want to discuss additional options that will help your page stand out. 

• Milestones: After selecting a brilliant cover photo and profile picture, this is the 3rd most important feature of your timeline to utilize. Adding milestones can be done from the story status menu. With milestones, you have the ability to select a specific date, write details, and add photos or video. Here are some suggestions for veterinary practice milestones: 

1)      practice opening

2)      new owner

3)      added state-of-the-art equipment

4)      annual events at the practice (holiday gathering at the practice, open house, carnival, etc.)

5)      grooming added as a service

• Pinning: Not to be confused with Pinterest (a social network discussion for another day), pinning on Facebook refers to featuring a story at the top of your timeline. Click the pencil icon next to the story and then click Pin to Top. This story will stay pinned there for 7 days, unless you unpin it or choose to pin something else before then. Stories you pin should be those most currently relevant.
    • Highlighting: This feature makes your story span the length of your timeline. Highlight by clicking the star in the upper right corner of your story. Unclick the star to make the story small again. Highlight stories you really want to showcase on your timeline.

Remember, having an aesthetically pleasing timeline with milestones will increase your EdgeRank, which helps you stand out in the newsfeed of your fans!