Forums » Wellness Wisdom

Work smart, live well

• 149 posts
    September 24, 2016 10:57 AM EDT

VetVine Members may have noticed that our messaging has recently been "refreshed." In addition to the touch-up to our logo, we began promoting our "work smart, live well" campaign last month - in conjunction with the 2016 AVMA Convention in San Antonio.

"Work smart, live well," is an expression of our commitment and supports our mission:

1. We are commited to provide the busy professional with relevant learning opportunities - on their own time. Our introduction of weekly hot topic / evidence based update / specialty update videos last year paved the way for professionals to keep abreast of important topics in brief intervals of time.

2. Our expert Consultants and Contributors share trusted information through our educational offerings, resources, and Consulting services - with the intent of supporting excellent care for pets.

3. We are dedicated to supporting all professionals in achieving work-life balance. In addition to our brief learning opportunities, last year we welcomed Life Coach Gwen Pettit, PT, MS, MA, PCC to the VetVine community. Gwen is a great resource for individuals and/or teams who want to create positive change in their life including improving leadership skills, handling conflict with staff, managing time, prioritizing work projects or creating work-life balance.

Last, but not least, I'm happy to announce that in coming weeks we will have contributions from professional peers who will be sharing their wisdom regarding self-care, personal wellness, and achieving work-life balance. I am thrilled to be writing the first post to the newest of our Forums - Wellness Wisdom. It's with great pleasure that I welcome Marie Holowaychuk, DVM, DACVECC, CYT (@DrMHolowaychuk) to our team - the newest VetVine Contributor - who will serve as Moderator of this Forum and who will be sharing her knowledge and passion for promoting wellness and self-care for veterinary professionals!