Forums » News and Announcements

New Service Has Launched - Pet Loss Support Services

• May 1, 2020 2:00 PM EDT

We have officially launched a new service offering - The VetVine Virtual Pet Loss Support service. As an extension of supportive services to veterinary and pet care professionals, VetVine is hosting an online pet loss and grief support service to which Members can refer their clients. 

VetVine Virtual Pet Loss Support Groups are a place where individuals grieving the loss of a pet can convene and connect with others who have experienced the loss of a beloved animal. Group Facilitators are experienced professionals in pet loss and grief support.  Learn More

One of our Group Facilitators - Angie Arora, MSW, RSW - shares more about the purpose and mission in hosting this service offering:

• May 5, 2020 10:13 AM EDT

Our first Group included five people from around the country joining our Group Facilitator - Andria Corso - to talk about their beloved pet and their loss. Feedback from Group participants suggests we are off to a great start to providing an important and needed service. Comments included:

- "A very powerful experience and I am so glad that I got to be a part of the safe sharing circle."

- "I thought that Andria did an excellent job in welcoming and engaging the members throughout the session. We each had such differing experiences and Andria was able to link them together well. I found that the group was also nice to connect with others surrounding their losses." 

- "Everything went great. I was happy to be included and to share my loss."